For me, there are three types of people: Those who are inherently wise, those who have no clue, and those who don’t give a damn. Unfortunately, I fell into the no clue category. I have been prancing around life, motherhood, blogging, diet and other life’ s complications learning things as I go along.
Although there are so many things that we can learn from other people and books, still for me, life is a mystery; an adventure; and a challenge. There are so many times though, that I wish life is just black and white. I wish that life doesn’t have to be learned by trial and error. And I wish that those self-help books are easy to follow – but they are not.
So when out of nowhere, I get an AHA moment like these.
I celebrate with these:
AN EASY TO MAKE YELLOW CAKE TURNED INTO CUPCAKE WITH OREO… succulent, mouth -watering, delish. Do I need to say more?
I wish I have more AHA moments so that I will have a reason to eat 2, 3, 4 or more of these delectable cupcakes. Gosh, so tasty. A not too sweet frosting and the subtle taste of the Oreo cookies neutralized the sweetness of the Yellow Cake.
Although these AHA moments are trivial to other people, for or clueless being like me, this is a HUGE deal so I am celebrating no matter what, and I am not going to stop… yum!
I entered this post at Chef-In Training blog. Check it out!
Yellow Cake Cupcake with Oreo Cookies
Servings: 10 • Serving Size: 1 cupcake• Old Points: 6• Points+: 6• Calories : 257• Fat: 5.6g • Protein: 1.5g • Carb: 42.2 g • Fiber:. g • Sugar:17.1g • Sodium: 207 mg
FOR THE YELLOW CAKE:
1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
3 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup milk
1 cup mini Oreo Cookie (cut to half using your hands so that it will not be too small)
FOR THE BUTTER FROSTING:
3 TBSP BUTTER (melted)
2 and 1/4 to 2 and 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
2 tbsp milk
3/4 tsp vanilla
- Line standard sized cupcake pan with cupcake liners. And pre heat oven at 350 F.
- Put flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and stir to mix. Set aside. In another mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer. Add sugar and vanilla, Beat until combined. Add egg and beat for 1 minute. Add in the flour mixture alternately with the milk. Flour first then milk. Beating on slow speed until just combine. Remove the batter off the stand mixer and fold in the Oreo Cookies. Do not over mix. You want a larger Oreo Cookies in your cupcakes.
- Bake Yellow Cupcakes for 25 minute or until toothpick comes out clean. I usually remove mine after 25 minute so that the cupcake are moist and let the yellow cupcakes sit in the pan to continue cooking. Let cool.
- HOW TO MAKE THE BUTTER FROSTING:
- In a small mixer bowl, beat butter til light and fluffy. Gradually add about half of the powdered sugar. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually add in remaining powdered sugar. Beat in additional milk if necessary. In my experience 2 tablespoon was enough. This will frost 10 cupcakes. In this cupcakes, I used tip # 5 for the nest and tip # 233 for the grass, to get an Easter Cupcake look.