YOU CAN SERVE THIS MEATBALLS WITH BLUE CHEESE, WITHOUT BLUE CHEESE , STUFF WITH BLUE CHEESE WITH FRANKS RED HOT SAUCE or JUST PLAIN MEATBALLS COATED WITH FRANKS SAUCE.
As you notice, I did not add egg in this recipe, because the little amount of fat in the ground pork will make these meatballs moist. I tried this with eggs and still really good.SO, you can add egg if you want.
Also, add more salt if you fancy it. I did not add more salt because of the Frank’s sauce…
Peanut Butter Brownie Recipe that is super easy yet very delicious. Not too sweet and with cream cheese and peanut butter toppings, you can say nothing else but hmmmmm…
I love to be in my pajamas. I even think that my pjs are my most favorite attire in all of my attires. When I wake up in the AM, I move around the house in my “favorite” clothes, with my disheveled hair sticking in all direction, yet I am content. Then I got sick and I have been doing this for quite a long time now, and I feel crappy.
I feel dirty and I realized, clothes really make a man -in this case, clothes and hair, make a woman. So I decided I have to strip off myself from this utter hell and gutter feeling and dress something that makes me feel good. And maybe take a bath.
Here I am, feeling great once again, making this brownies as a reflection of my supernatural, extraterrestrial and exoteric feeling after a short juncture of self deprecation. I am alive again – sometimes it takes effort to do it, and I have this peanut butter brownies to prove it… this will surely lift your spirit.
Add entered this recipe in Tasty Tuesday #3 and I entered this in Chef In Training.
Servings: 20 • Serving Size: match box size• Old Points: 3• Points+: 4• Calories : 126• Fat: 10.6g • Protein: 3.8g • Carb: 5.6 g • Fiber:.8 g • Sugar:4.2 g • Sodium: 66 mg
- FOR BROWNIE BATTER:
- 1 box 16.5 oz Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie with Walnut and Hershey’s
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1 8 oz Cream Cheese Low fat
- 1 egg
- 1 /2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon milk or heavy cream ( optional)
- Prepare a 8 x 8 baking pan and grease with greasing oil. Set aside. Pre heat oven at 350 F.
- Place Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie with Walnut and Hershey’s in a deep mixing bowl. Add in egg, water and oil. Mix gently using a spatula until completely incorporated. SET ASIDE ONE CUP OF THIS BATTER FOR LATER USE, and pour the rest of the batter in a greased 8 x 8 baking pan and gently level out the batter.Set aside.
- Place cream cheese, confectioners sugar, peanut butter, milk ( if using) and egg in another deep bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix the ingredients until very smooth. Pour the mixture on top of the brownie batter and gently level. Using a spoon drop the set aside 1 cup of brownie batter on top of the peanut butter mixture. Then using a knife, swirl the batter gently. Bake the peanut butter brownie for 35 to 45 minutes. Serve cold. Yum!
These Crescent Rolls with Mozzarella Cheese Filling are very easy appetizer and bread to make: 1) because they are not made from scratch 2) you just have to slice the cheese in two and stick it into the dough and you will have a delicious snacks. I made this rolls awhile back, I just did not get around in making a post of it. I had some mozzarella cheese string for my clan’s lunch and I thought I can make something out of it that is not always in the norm. I was scared also that the mozzarella cheese will stale, I have to use it as quickly as I can. So I made these crescent rolls with Mozzarella Filling. You can choose your cheese string flavor. As for me, I love mozzarella so … These crescent rolls with mozzarella cheese were inspired from my college days when my board mates and I were up late to study for our midterm exams. By midnight, our bellies were churning in from hunger and we’ll decide to walk to the nearest bakery and grab a cheese bread or a cinnamon bread. Remembering that time, I am amaze of how brave I was to walk in the middle of the night with friends, in the middle of of the dangerous place in Cebu City, just to have my fill of cheese bread. But it was so much fun hanging out with my friends; sitting on a plastic and dusty chair,while clutching on to a freshly baked bread and once in a while trying to look out for cute and studious engineering students who were also up late . Yum, not the boys but the bread – I can still smell the freshly baked bread…
As my children were eating this bread for snacks, I share with them the story of this bread, and I purposely did not leave out the cute boys. I thought they will find it amusing to know that when I was younger, I was boy crazy too. Cute boys – good memories, good stories and good bread, I did not think that my kids had any qualms of taking a huge bite of this bread.I thought it was a simple yet very delectable appetizer. You can pack it to lunch or you can eat it for breakfast. Quote for today: You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough
- 1 can ( 8 pcs )Pillsbury Original Crescent rolls
- 4 cheese string in your favorite flavor, divided into 2
- Pre heat oven at 375 F.Coat baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Remove the crescent roll out from the can and lay it flat on a greased surface. Lay flat the dough and gently separate them.
- Put the cheese on the tip end of the crescent roll dough and roll per can’s instruction. Seal edges of the crescent rolls if necessary so that the cheese will not ooze out. Bake the crescent rolls for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown. Serve hot.
There is a difference between giving up and knowing when you have had enough
I use kale to boost my diet regimen because kale is packed with nutrients and minerals.I will only identify Vitamin B which is good to improve your memory and improve your mood.
Even though it is almost winter, our groceries never ran out of kale. I decided I might as well create kale recipes while it is still around. So I had kale smoothie, kale sautee’d with soy sauce and so many simple and tasty way kale jump into my kitchen.This time, however, I opted to put in some new twists in my kale meals. This time I mixed it with quinoa, Thai Curry and coconut milk. And to shock myself more, I added corn kernel. I was hesitant really, but it turned out delightful.
I concluded then that Kale is almost similar to Bok Choy. It will always be good no matter what way you cook it. Just make sure that the kale is soft enough and you will have a delicious, easy and healthy meal.
Since I promised you in my last Quinoa with Eggplant post that I will have another Quinoa meal for you, here it is. The ingredients are really easy to find. You can easily find all of them in your grocery stores.
The Red Thai Curry paste, you can find it in the Asian section in most grocery stores. If you buy some of the ingredients and there are still left, you can make this Beef Curry I cooked awhile back. I will also post some recipes in the future that will use red curry paste so that you will not think it is a waste to buy it. As long as you refrigerate paste, it will last longer.
In this recipe, I use 1/4 cup of coconut milk, so you have 3/4 cup of coconut milk. You can use this remaining coconut milk to cook the Beef Curry I shared to you the last time. If you are not ready to cook the Beef Curry yet, you can transfer the coconut milk in the small container and freeze it. That kernel corn you got usually goes in three, in this recipe, we only use one, so you can freeze it or you can boil it.
How to Cook Quinoa for this Recipe
1 cup water 1/2 cup Quinoa
Wash Quinoa and drain the water. Place it in a small saucepan and add in water. Turn on fire and let the Quinoa boil. Around 10 to 12 minutes, By this time, You will notice that the water is gone and the Quinoa looked like it popped. You will see that there is also white specks coming out too. This means the Quinoa is already cooked.
- 2 tablespoon oil of your choice
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tables spoon water
- 2 teaspoon red thai curry
- 3 cups kale
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 frozen corn kernel ( stripped from the cobb)
- 1 avocado divide avocado meat into 4
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- salt to taste ( for mine, I did not add salt )
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add in garlic and cook until very lightly browned
- Add in kale and 2 tablespoon of coconut milk and water. Let the kale simmer in the small amount of water. When the kale are soft and wilted, add in the red thai curry and the remaining coconut milk. Add in corn kernel and simmer for additional 2 minutes.
- Make sure the kale will not be overcooked nor half cooked. You do not want to eat hard nor soggy kale.
- Separate the Quinoa and avocado in three separate bowls and add in the kale. You can add in egg to add some flavor as shown above.
- Serve and Enjoy.
High Protein Lentil Soup accompanied with Bratwurst sausage slow cooked for your convenience. You fix it and you forget about it for 3 to 4 hours.You have more time to do something else.
Compared from other type of beans, lentil is really easy to prepare. It is quick to absorb flavors from other foods surrounding it, so it can be a very tasty meal. Lentil is also very high in nutritional value particularly protein.
I have not seen lentils in the Philippines but we have what we call Mung Beans ( Monggo) . Although we have a lot of Asian stores here in our new place, they do not carry Mung Beans, so whenever we crave Mung Beans soup, we replace it with Lentil soup instead. Sometimes, we cook our Lentil soup with left over fish, pork or dried fish. You can make it versatile as far as your imagination will allow you.
Today, I am sharing with you this Slow Cooked High Protein Lentil Soup with Bratwurst Sausage. I usually cook our Lentils in a slow cooker and today is no different. I prepare it in the morning and after 3 to four hours, it almost ready. I usually prepare a lot of this soup and freeze it so that we can enjoy it for a long time.
Servings: 5 • Serving Size: 1 cup • Old Points:4 • Points+:4 • Calories :189 • Fat:8.1 g • Protein:12.7 g • Carb: 16.2 g • Fiber:8 g • Sugar: .6 g • Sodium: 265 mg
- 2/3 cup Lentil
- 2 pieces original flavor Bratwurst Sausage ( slice into small pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped ( small onion)
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive oil or any oil
- 3 cups of water or more
- Wash lentil and place it into the slow cooker. Meanwhile, heat oil in the pan and saute’ garlic and onion. Add in the sliced sausage and saute’ until cook through or when it is not pink. Turn the heat off and drain excess oil if desired. Add the cooked sausage, garlic and onion mixture into slow cooker. Add in 4 cups of water and turn the slow cooker in low setting and let the lentil cook for 3 to 4 hours. When the lentil is ready, add salt to taste and add more water if necessary. Cook for another 5 minutes. Serve hot. You can also let the soup cool and place into a ziploc and freeze.
Today, I am going to share one way on how we cook fish at home. this is very healthy and the veggies make it a perfect candidate of that healthy meal your are thinking about. I made this meal days after I made the Healthy Drinks weeks ago.
I used the left over leaves and zucchini for this meal. We had some cherry tomatoes sitting in the fridge and I used that as well. These combo resulted in a savory dinner. This is only 90 calorie and a healthy dinner option. It is easy to whip, bake, toss and good to eat, process. I bet your heart will thank you for it.I hope you’ll try it.
- 1 handful of basil leaves torn into small pieces
- 3 sticks celery, cut into bit size pieces
- 1/2 zucchini thinly slice
- 1 handful of rosemary (optional)
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil or any type of oil
- 4 cod fillets
- Place the cod fillet in a small plate and rub each fillet with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place in the zucchini, celery and onions in a roasting pan and toss in garlic, oil and a pinch of salt.
- Place in a preheated oven, at 425 F. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and basil (rosemary if you are using it) and toss together.
- Nestle the cod on top and bake until the cod fillets are cooked. Around 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy
Nutrition Facts Serving Size 103 g Amount Per Serving Calories 93Calories from Fat 64 % Daily Value* Total Fat 7.1g11% Saturated Fat 1.0g5% Cholesterol 0mg0% Sodium 41mg2% Total Carbohydrates 7.4g2% Dietary Fiber 1.6g6% Sugars 3.2g Protein 1.1g Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 24% Calcium 1% • Iron 4% Nutrition Grade B * Based on a 2000 calorie diet Nutritional Analysis Good points No cholesterol Low in sodium Very high in vitamin B6 Very high in vitamin C
If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down Brace yourself. This will be a long post since I am going to take you to a memory lane where names and memories from the past are reminisced and shared. When I was in college, which was a very loooooooong time ago, there […]