Every artist was once an amateur
For some reason, when a corn flake cereal is on its last leg, my kids does not bother about it anymore. So I am left with with the crunchy grain. I do not really want to waste it, so I got this recipe.
Also, if you have been wondering on how to prepare that pork loin sitting in your freezer for sometime now, it looks like you just have a solution. You can make it into pork cutlets and try this.
Cut the pork loin into small thin slices, marinate it with vinegar and soy sauce, dip into the egg, roll in the flour and fry will result into a little sour and a very good smelling dish. You will get high praises from your family. Even my picky eater kids loved it.
This is also a best recipe for packed lunch since it is very portable. I remember I packed this meal when we had a three day drive from Washington to Kansas. It was our lunch and dinner. We just looked for a rest stop and eat our meals there. It saved us so much money. I used this also when we drove on our way to Colorado when we went camping last summer. It is like a portable meal. Paired with rice and egg, you can have your on the go meal.
I cannot count how many times I have cooked this; , this recipe is like a part of our family. I used the marinade too when I made the Baked Beef post .I really hope you enjoy this. Note, there is a very gentle sour flavor in this meal.
VERY EASY PORK DINNER RECIPE – FRIED PORK CUTLETS
1 1/2 pounds pork tender loin slice into pork cutlets ( 1/4 inch thick )
1/8 cup vinegar
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups crushed corn flakes cereal ( the one that is not sweetened)
4 tablespoon cooking oil for frying
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, soy sauce , oil and salt.
- Place the tender loin and marinate overnight or for 4 hours
- When you are ready to cook the meal:
- Scramble the egg in the a bowl
- Crush the corn flakes and place in a flat plate
- Heat the oil. ( Use low heat to cook the cutlets so that the meat will not be burned)
- Using your hand or tongs, dip the meat in the egg then roll it into the flakes.
- Make sure that the meat is coated with the flakes.
- Fry until golden brown or until the meat is cook through.