How do you make a cheese cake dessert – particularly a Cheesecake Cupcake with Oreo Cookies in it. Here is the answer. I was intimidated at first to make this because of its fancy name and its fancy looks. But I was wrong. Though these Cheesecake Cupcake look very difficult to create from scratch, nothing can get easier to make than this- I was surprised.
It is cold and my children and I are stuck in the house. Two days without classes, I ran out of foods to feed my kids. With a 6 – inch snow outside, getting out is not an option. So how can I entertain my children in this snow days? I decided to make these Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes.
I do not buy Oreo cookie often. But from time to time, I cave in to cravings and let Oreo Cookies enter my pantry. Last week for example, I was craving for this Oreo Cheesecake cupcake and I also wanted to make a cake that calls for Oreo Cookies, so I purchased a box of it. I have to hide it to the deepest end of the pantry so that I will not give in to temptation of munching all of the cookies before they make their way to the cake and the cheesecake cupcakes I planned to bake. If you want to see my home-made Oreo recipe, check it this Healthy Oreo post.
I had some sour cream and cream cheese in the fridge anyway, so this is just appropriate. I got this recipe from framedcooksblog but I decreased the quantity of the cream cheese, because the original recipe called for a pound of cream cheese. The original recipe will yield 30 pieces of cream cheese cupcakes; I thought that would be too much. I cannot let my waist suffer from eating these irresistibly good cupcakes.
As I mentioned, this is an easy cupcake to make. I used low fat cream cheese in this recipe. Note that this recipe tends to fall in the middle so you have to fill the cupcake liner a little fuller so that the cheesecake will come out taller. I also cooled the cupcakes before serving since I thought it tasted better cold but you have to muster a lot self control not to devour these cheesecake cupcakes once it come out from the oven.
OREO CREAM CHEESE CUPCAKE
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup white sugar
pinch of salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
8 Oreo to line cupcake liner
12 oreo crushed
- Place cream cheese, sour cream sugar in a medium sized bowl
- Line regular sized cupcake pan with six cupcake liners. Place the whole Oreo Cookies in each liner. Set aside.
- Pre heat oven at 275 F
- Mix completely the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth by using an electric mixer
- Slowly add in the egg and mix until the egg is completely incorporated
- Add in crushed Oreo Cookies and gently mix using a spatula, so that there will still be Oreo Cookie crumbs when you eat it
- Divide batter between cupcake liners filling each to the top because this cupcake to sink in the middle. I used spoon to cup the batter and I used the spatula to scrape the batter. It is easier this way.
- Bake at 275 F for 24 minutes or more until the cupcake is set. The cheesecake cupcakes will not brown but they are done. Let the cupcake cool down in the pan to continue cooking and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Enjoy.