For I consider the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. Romans 8 :18
Today I braved the cold weather and I went to the gym. When I was done, I had trouble finding my car because it was so dirty. For some reason the dirt changed the color of my green car into blue. When I found it, I was hesitant to unlock it and I took a second look to make sure that it was indeed my car
I do not want to bring it in the car wash because it will just get dirty again. The road is too muddy. It is just futile to have it cleaned up. For now, I will just leave some stuff inside for me to be able to identify it. I am hoping that the weather will get better. I am getting tired of this cold weather.
Anyway, I made strawberry cupcake last Saturday because the strawberries I bought were starting to rot. Again, I bought a ton of strawberries because it was on sale. Gosh, I never tend to get over this impulse buying when produce are on sale. It stresses me out when I do this, but I do it anyway. Grrr.
This strawberry cupcake is really soft, moist and mouth watering. It is also very low in calorie if you skip the frosting. I love the tangy, gentle sour taste of the strawberry frosting. I love how it smells too. I did not add any artificial strawberry flavor in it, but you can still taste and smell the strawberry flavor. They are very tangible. I love the sweet pastel color too.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 7 pieces of strawberry ( chopped into small pieces)
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 pieces strawberries ( chopped )
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven at 350 F
- Line standard size muffin pan with cupcake liner. Set aside.
- Place flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg and sugar using electric mixer. Mix completely until the sugar is dissolve.
- Add egg mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until just blended.
- In a saucepan, microwave milk and butter until the butter is partially melted. Around 40 seconds.
- Add into the flour mixture and mix gently.
- Fold in chopped strawberries and mix.
- Pour batter into the line cupcake pan and fill the liner half way full.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until the toothpick will come out somewhat clean.
- Let it cool to be ready for the frosting.
- FOR THE FROSTING
- Using an electric mixer, mix sugar, cream cheese and chopped strawberries. Mix thoroughly until smooth, the frost the cooled cupcakes .
- SERVE AND ENJOY!
Frosting was not counted from the nutritional value.