After tugging back and forth, I decided to take the plunge. I decided to try it! I pored and Google the ingredients before I went to the store.
Marinated artichokes, roasted tomatoes and the cheeses . What are they? So I went to the sales lady and asked what and where they are located in the store. The ingredients were right there… I guess I just wasted my time worrying too much about the ingredients, when all I got to do was ask.
- 5 ounces frozen, chopped spinach
- 1 ( 6 ounce ) marinated artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup oil -packed sundried tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- Preheat over to 375 F
- Place the spinach paper towel. Twist the towel around the spinach and wring it until the spinach is dry.
- In a bowl, mix together the spinach, artichokes,tomatoes, cheese and basil
- Then get the prepared chicken breast for stuffing ( PLEASE SEE THE LINK ON THE POST FOR STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION)
- Stuff the filling into the chicken breast and seal it with toothpick
- Transfer the breast in the baking dish and season with salt,pepper and paprika
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken breast reaches 165 F
The unknown territories:
1.The preparation of the chicken breast. It was not hard as I imagined it. I posted it in HOW TO STUFF CHICKEN BREAST post, the how to on stuffing chicken breast for your reference.
2.The ingredients . The tomatoes were sour and the marinated artichoke were not something that I had tasted before. The taste was unique. I wish I can describe it, but you just have to try it to know what I mean. Then the frozen spinach, the cheeses.
STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST WITH CHEESE, SPINACH, ARTICHOKE AND TOMATO FILLING
Feeling of Pride
It was very freeing because this will be my first time to attempt making stuff chicken. Sometimes, things are easier to do when we actually do them. The thing is, we tend to worry first before delving into doing certain things. We paint in our mind that they are difficult to do, so we become paralyzed. As a saying goes, ” Jump first and get your wings on the way down,” fits well here. You just have to decide that you will do it, and you will learn along the way.
As I had my hands dirty, I was surprised that this recipe is easy peasy. Yeah, you’ll get your hands dirty when you load the stuffing and seal the breast, but when it is done you will feel a sense of accomplishment. You will feel proud that you just created a fancy looking meal. It is also a low calorie chicken meal. So please try it.