I have been meaning to try this recipe two weeks ago, but I just did not get the time until now. Actually, I have to make this quickly because my Velveeta cheese has been sitting in the fridge for a long time, since I made the Velveeta Broccoli Soup and the Taco Chicken Casserole , or else it will eventually stale. I do not want to be wasting food.
EASY VELVEETA MAC AND CHEESE
3 cups elbow noodles
3 tablespoon butter
2 1/2 cup Velveeta Cheese or 2 cups Velveeta Cheese
1 12 oz evaporated milk
1-2 tsp corn starch
salt and pepper to taste if desired ( optional)
paprika and cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Cook the noddles per box instruction
- When the noodles are cooked, do not turn off the heat, drain and return to pot.
- Toss in butter and half of the evaporated milk.
- Let the butter melt.
- Add in the Velveeta Cheese and let it melt. Continue mixing.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining evaporated in a bowl and mix in the cornstarch until smooth.Set aside.
- When the Velveeta cheese is melted pour in the evaporated milk with the cornstarch and stir constantly until thick.
- NOTE: If there is a left over, just add a little bit of milk if it is dry, microwave, mix and it will be creamy again.