I am going to share to you this healthy breakfast muffin. It contains the beautifully red colored raspberries which we know contains antioxidant vitamins like vitamin A and Vitamin E. Raspberry is also a good source of potassium which helps control heart rate plus so many minerals in it. The whole wheat just gave this healthy breakfast extra boost.
This is not too sweet. Since I did not crush the raspberry when I folded them in the batter, there is a little sour taste in the bread. I love it like this. You can puree your raspberry if you want. It is your choice.And have you noticed there is no oil nor butter in the ingredients? Yup your eyes did not fool you. There is no oil nor butter here. Just enough reason to give this a try. You can freeze this too and just thaw it in the counter whenever you are ready to eat them.
Healthy Breakfast – Whole Wheat Raspberry Muffins
1 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 ( 4 oz ) applesauce ( this usually go on one whole pack)
1 (4 oz) Greek Plain Yogurt ( just use the applesauce cup to measure)
1 large egg
1 cup raspberry
- Pre heat oven at 450 F
- Mix ingredients 1 to 5 in a large bowl. Use a wire whisk or a spoon to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- In another small bowl, mix together ingredients 6 to 9 until sugar is dissolve. Pour mixture into the flour mixture and mix thoroughly using a spatula or spoon.
- Fold in the raspberry gently so as not to crush the raspberry completely.
- Spoon batter into a lined muffin pan and bake for 10 minutes or until the muffin sounds hollow when tap. Or the toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven.
- Leave in the muffin pan for another 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.