Meatballs with Franks’s Red Hot sauce, Blue Cheese- Stuffed meatballs or plain meatballs. It is 1 meatball recipe cooked in 3 ways.
I use this meatball recipe as added meat in my pasta and most of the time, we just eat these meatballs as it is -my personal favorite, by the way. Then, we got an Frank’s Hot Sauce and we coat these meatballs with it. When I had some Blue Cheese left over from the Buffalo Chicken Bites post, these meatballs were stuffed with Blue Cheese. In spite of all these variations, these meatballs taste good. I like how these meatballs change their taste when it is filled with Blue Cheese, and I like how it bites the tongue and lips when coated with the hot sauce . Lastly, I like it most when they taste classic when eaten just like it is.
Servings: 21 meatballs • Serving Size: 3 pcs meatballs • Old Points: 5 • Points+: 5 • Calories : 187 • Fat:9.6 • Protein: 22.2 g • Carb: g • Fiber:0 g • Sugar: 0 g • Sodium: 295 mg
- 1.3 lbs ground pork
- 2 tsp cornstarch (replace with Panko Bread Crumbs if you like)
- 1/8 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese ( I use the left over from the Chicken Bites post)
- Preheat oven at 350 F
- Place ground pork, cornstarch,parsley,salt,cilantro, onion and parsley in a big bowl and mix them completely using your hand. Form them into ping -pong size balls and place them in a baking sheet.
- FOR THE BLUE CHEESE FILLED MEATBALLS:
- If you are adding a Blue Cheese in the meatballs, form the meatballs into a ball and make a well in a middle. Place in a small amount of Blue Cheese and seal it.
- Bake the meatballs for 30 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through. You can check one meatball and see if it is cook.
- FOR THE BUFFALO MEATBALLS:
- When the meatballs are cook, place the butter in a small sauce pan and let it melt in a a low heat. Add in the ketchup until simmering. Gently add in the meatballs and coat them with the Frank’s Hot Sauce. This meal is best when serve hot.
YOU CAN SERVE THIS MEATBALLS WITH BLUE CHEESE, WITHOUT BLUE CHEESE , STUFF WITH BLUE CHEESE WITH FRANKS RED HOT SAUCE or JUST PLAIN MEATBALLS COATED WITH FRANKS SAUCE.
As you notice, I did not add egg in this recipe, because the little amount of fat in the ground pork will make these meatballs moist. I tried this with eggs and still really good.SO, you can add egg if you want.
Also, add more salt if you fancy it. I did not add more salt because of the Frank’s sauce…