“Your child will follow your examples, not your advice.”
Banana Bread with Persimmons
I cannot agree more with this quote, yet all the time I fall short from it. I give advice to my children. Every well intentioned mothers do so. I am doing it because I do not want them to lead a wrong path. I want them to be safe. I want them to be protected from bad influences. I am sure they are tired of listening to me as manifested in their responses, but I have to do it because it is for their own good.
BANANA BREAD CAKE RECIPE WITH PERSIMMONS
1 medium size persimmon
1 tablespoon raisins (optional)
1 cup bread flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 cup plus 1/8 cup white sugar
3 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven at 350 F
- Grease a small sized square baking pan 5 x 5 ” size.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Peel persimmons and slice into small pieces. Put into food chopper machine.
- Slice banana and add into food chopper. Ground them together until smooth.
- Pour the milk into a small bowl. Add in Chia seeds, sugar and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into the flour mixture and mix completely.
- Fold or add in the fruit mixture and add in raisins if using.
- Pour into a prepared pan
- Bake for 15 to 20 minute or until toothpick or skewer will come out clean.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size 32 g Amount Per Serving Calories 51Calories from Fat 2 % Daily Value* Total Fat 0.2g0% Trans Fat 0.0g Cholesterol 0mg0% Sodium 60mg3% Total Carbohydrates 11.0g4% Dietary Fiber 0.6g2% Sugars 1.7g Protein 1.2g Vitamin A 1% • Vitamin C 1% Calcium 3% • Iron 3% Nutrition Grade B- * Based on a 2000 calorie diet Nutritional Analysis Good points Very low in saturated fat No cholesterol High in selenium High in thiamin Bad points Contains alcohol